I’m still sewing beads all over lace…
And my front yard isn’t looking as sparse as it was when I showed you all the copper trellis I made for it. We have since put in grass, an apricot tree, two passion fruits, a corn field and a gravel path. The “corn field” was/is meant to be a temporary garden. We had a lot of dirt left over from laying the grass, and have always wanted to grow corn in my front yard, and I somehow convinced Guy it would be a great idea. So I planted approx 90 corn seeds, and I’m hoping they all grow. I believe the deal I made was “as long as we can build a scarecrow for it”. So I’ve added a scarecrow to my to-do list.
The back yard is all planted up now too. We are keeping the tomatoes covered for the next couple of weeks to try and avoid any late frosts. We’ve planted so many different things, I couldn’t tell you right now what I’m expecting to pop up in the coming weeks! It will be full of surprises!
Somehow a hens party got organised for me, after being very clear that I did not want one, and last week I had to make decisions about stuff (which is what I was trying to avoid). Anyways, I decided for an “activity” we should do a collaborative wall hanging. It’s this Saturday and I still have no idea where this is taking us. I’m thinking maybe applique and embroidering felt shapes together in a kind of felt medallion kind of style. This should mean those who don’t sew can keep it really simple, and those that do can go nuts on the embellishments.
It’s just over four weeks until the wedding. My to-do list looks like this :
- Design and buy all the stuff for a “hens embroidery party”
- Finish dress (finish beading, sew together, hem)
- Put bouquet together (flowers are finished, just need to arrange and secure)
- Paint a bunch of glass jars
- Sew approx 20 covers for milk crates
- Finish designing, then have made, then print, a screen print design for the favors bags. Then assemble bags.
- Finish the LOVE sign (figure out supports and paint)
- Make little tables (Cut circles of plywood and attach to cable reels)
- Build a scarecrow…
And that’s just what I can remember…
Wish me luck! Still a few weeks to go…
Have a tops week!