After Guy cleaned out his cupboard, I was left with a bunch of his work shirts that didn’t fit anymore. Work is in need of paint smocks for the children, so it made sense to grab them to use as paint smocks.
In the past I just rolled the sleeves up, put them on the children backwards and buttoned up the top button. But I thought they might be a little more child friendly with a few alterations.
I cut off the collar
I cut off the cuffs above the button detail.
I removed all the buttons and put them aside. They might come in useful another day.
I bound the sleeves and collar with fold over elastic, pulling it slightly as I went.
At the neck area I left a very small gap where the fronts meet and continued around with the elastic.
And wala! A paint smock from a shirt!
Hopefully they do the job!
Have a creative week!