This week I’ve been a stressball. I’ve still been ticking along, and have a few things in the works. I’m trying super hard to get our wedding invites out before the weekend.
I’ve spent the last two days remembering how to use the adobe suite. I’ve been playing across Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to produce a three fold brochure that will complement our wedding invitations, providing a little more in depth information that we couldn’t fit on the official invitations.
This also meant heading back to basics to hand paint the background for the brochure. I did a simple rainbow gradient splash across the page. I’m not fancy, I’ve been using red, blue and yellow food colouring to dye/paint everything lately. I then scanned this into the computer and used Photoshop to touch it up and remove the white background. This image was then used in several different ways and saturation to create the backgrounds in the brochure.
I created a map in Illustrator. I took a view from google maps and then used the paintbrush tool to draw out all the roads in the surrounding area. I added street names, event signs, parking signs, and some pink flamingos to show the walking path.
We hated the background, and looking at it here, it is even more ghastly than I first thought! I ended up using the rainbow splash behind it.
Then I put it all together in Indesign. The great part about using the adobe suite is that they interact well together, makes life much easier!
Now I need to do a couple of test prints to make sure I have everything set out correctly. Unfortunately my printer did a terrible job of that last night and i’ll have to head into office works at some point to print a few off!
We’ve also hand painted all our invitations and wishing well cards. I need to finalise the text for that, print them out, then I’m thinking I’ll stitch them to the painted paper with a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine.
Now I’m off to try and finalise the invitations! Enjoy your week 🙂